02 September 2014

Growing up is hard

As I said in my previous post, I am single.  I have tons of friends and family with children and spouses, some of my friends are single parents and I just don't know how married or single they deal with it all.  I only have my two little kitties (see below) and I just find life to be a challenge.  Paying bills, creating budgets, and then on top of it being a boss at work, and a ministry leader at church.  I love all of these things but simply cannot fathom how so many of my friends are parents on top of it all.

If leading adults can be so tiring, how can parents do it all day and then go home to be examples to their children?  I applaud you all.  There are days when I feel like I was born in the wrong time.  I was raised to be responsible and someone who doesn't mind committing.  I see a need and fill it. I think church membership is important- not because it is necessarily in the Bible but because so few commit, which then leads to a lack of persons who step up for ministry.  I like having 2 year plans for cell phones, because once upon a time that had a benefit, but now I truly believe in prepaid as it is so much less a month.   But so many people haven't been brought up with that so it creates an intense aggravation in my mind and soul when others cannot so commit.  I know that is wrong, I really do, but it does make me feel low.  Sorry I started rambling there.

I would like to apologize to my parents for expecting perfection in their actions and choices at the end of the day because good grief, I am now your ages when we were wee little things and I certainly will never be accused of being perfect or making super excellent choices.  But thank you for doing your best.

No comments: