12 June 2006

Hello again

I am back again. I have had my gallbladder removed, and now am once again at a computer, though still rather uncomfortable. I still feel rather bruised and cannot laugh hard, cough or sneeze. I had no idea there were so many stomach muscles involved in those processes.

I finished the next paper and have so much reading that needs to happen. My evenings all this week and probably next will go towards reading to try and catch up from last week. Narcotics are rather dangerous things, I hardly felt them working the first 2 days I was in so much pain, and then they put me asleep for the next three days, I would be doing some reading and then suddenly would get ridiculously dizzy and then start to sleep for at least 3-5 hours. Not well mind you, I would sleep 5 minutes, then wake up suddenly only to fall asleep again. Fun times let me tell you.

Though it was nice to see my parents, I haven't seen them since Christmas so I was very glad to have them here. After having gone through the surgery it still surprises me it is outpatient. Though for me, the problem was that my nurse left too soon after the surgery so she couldn't explain some of the circumstances to my new nurse. Oh well, it is over with. Now if only the bruising would go away. I am supposed to start work tomorrow and am a little nervous there is so much I still can't do. And sitting upright for 2 hours seems to be one of them. :) Anyways have a great day.

No comments: