28 June 2006

Over the river and through the woods

Let's see, my birthday weekend went well, I went to a wedding, spending oodles of time in the car since I had to go out for the rehersal dinner, drive home, then drive back the next day (good time to read the final book for the paper that was due on June 26). The wedding was between two friends of mine from college. It was 2 1/2 hours away, in Danville, PA. It was an amazing contrast, the church being in the middle of farm country, the music was all classic, with several selections from opera pieces, sung very well by friends. And then since the groom is a farm boy, despite being a music major (music major = insane at least at my school) they got bombarded by grain seed and driven by a tractor through the parking lot. So I spent close to 10 hours in a car this weekend, which was very good for my reading if very bad for my side.

Then on Monday I wrote my paper, it is amazing how when I am sorting out my thoughts for papers, I rarely ever go where I think I am going to at the beginning. Thoughts start sprouting and taking root during the whole process. Yes it is a little odd, but that is almost always the way I write, outlines never seem to work, which is something I really have to work on.

Let's see tomorrow we will be discussing Superman, Pirates, and HTML vs. XML. You're excited aren't you. I can tell.

No comments: